The City of Hazelwood was originally incorporated as the Village of Hazelwood, on September 7, 1949. However, this area of the Florissant Valley has a proud and rich heritage dating back to Indian settlements in 4000 B.C. French explorers were the first to venture into the area in the late 1600’s, with the French being the first to settle in the region and the Spanish settlers in the late 1700’s. In 1797 a wagon train of American settlers made their way to the area from Virginia, Kentucky and the Deep South. - See more at: http://www.hazelwoodmo.org/#sthash.0kjOeVUc.dpuf Today, we are one of the largest cities in St. Louis County and home to nearly 27,000 residents and more than 1,000 businesses, including 12 Fortune 500 companies, six Fortune 1,000 companies and 10 corporate headquarters. The City of Hazelwood is a Home rule Charter City, governed by a Council/Manager form of government, with an elected mayor and eight council members representing eight wards. The City Manager is the administrative officer.
World Class Commercial Partners
Emerald Automotive has assembled a team of world-renowned commercial partner organizations to assist in bringing the t-001 light weight hybrid delivery van to the market.
The Missouri Technology Corporation ("MTC") is a public-private partnership created by the Missouri General Assembly to promote entrepreneurship and foster the growth of new and emerging high-tech companies. MTC focuses on 21st Century bioscience industries that build on Missouri's rich history in agriculture and technology. MTC is governed by a 15-member board of directors, which is appointed by Missouri's Governor, Speaker of the Missouri House, and President Pro Tem of the Missouri Senate. The President of the University of Missouri System and the Director of the Department of Economic Development are ex officio members of the board.
Prior to the Civil War, through the Great Depression, and beyond the economic and political turbulence of the 20th Century, Comerica Bank has stood as a beacon of strength, guarding the financial community of Detroit and Michigan. This beacon also shines today in California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and many other markets where Comerica has a presence.
In August 2007, Comerica announced the location of its new corporate headquarters at 1717 Main Street in downtown Dallas. Designed by Philip Johnson and John Burgee, architects, the building at 1717 Main is a dynamic part of the Dallas skyline. At 787 feet tall, it is the third largest skyscraper in Dallas and the sixth tallest building in Texas. The building was renamed Comerica Bank Tower. Comerica leased the first five floors of the distinctive granite and glass building, which has a Comerica banking center on the first floor. The Class AA building serves as a hub for the underground pedestrian walkway system that connects retail shops, restaurants and other area buildings.
In 2011, Comerica acquired Houston, Texas-based Sterling Bancshares, Inc., strengthening its franchise in the Lone Star State. The acquisition virtually tripled Comerica's market share in Houston, provided it entry into the attractive San Antonio and Kerrville regions, and complemented its banking center network in Dallas/Fort Worth, while adding about $5 billion in assets, $2 billion in loans and $4 billion in deposits on the closing date of July 28, 2011. Later in 2011, Comerica successfully completed systems conversions so that former Sterling customers can bank at any Comerica banking center and have full access to Comerica's full line of products and services.
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 155 countries and have more than 162,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG delivers a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary services based on deep industry knowledge. Our industry focus helps KPMG professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills, and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.
Our history spans three centuries and features a number of significant mergers, most recently the combination of Peat Marwick International and Klynveld Main Goerdeler, and their individual member firms, into KPMG in 1987.
KPMG global member firm combined revenues totalled $24.8 billion for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, a 6 percent increase in U.S. dollars, or 6.3 percent in local currency terms. Global revenue by function and region can be found in KPMG's International Annual Review.
We have over 300 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services.
John Freame, from whom Barclays foundation is traced, traded as a goldsmith in Lombard Street from 1690 with his partner Thomas Gould. The business moved to the sign of the black spread eagle in 1728. Most of the ‘shops’ had a trading sign by which they were identified at a time when few people could read. Buildings changed hands and usage, but the signs remained. Later, when properties were numbered, the Barclays address was identified as 54 Lombard Street.
A new head office consolidated all aspects of the Bank in one place allowing for greater cooperation and coordination so essential to modern success. Just as Barclays had done at the beginning of the 20th century, the new head office building reflected the increasing confidence felt in the business at the beginning of the 21st century at a time of record profits. By May 2005, all departments had relocated and Barclays’ Registered Office address formally changed from 54 Lombard Street to 1 Churchill Place on 31 May 2005.
Today, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide. Our customers and clients are at the centre of our goal and purpose. Barclays’ competitive advantage arises from the scale and diversity of our businesses and the quality, character and relationships of our people. Our approach delivers broader economic benefits and a more valuable service to our stakeholders in the unique way we do business.
The St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association (RCGA) has three primary roles: 1) to serve as the regional chamber of commerce for over 4,000 member companies; 2) to serve as the bi-state region’s lead economic development organization; and 3) to investigate and support public policy initiatives that help the region thrive and grow.
The RCGA evolved into its current form in 1973, with the merger of three organizations: the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis Regional Industrial Development Corporation, and the St. Louis Research Council. This combination helped unite the voice of business in supporting public policy and civic initiatives that make the region ideal for expansion, location and entrepreneurship.
The Chamber traces its early roots back to 1836 – making it one of the oldest Chambers of Commerce in the United States. Along the way, it’s been involved with projects as diverse as securing funding for Charles Lindbergh’s historic 1927 transatlantic flight (thus the naming of the plane “The Spirit of St. Louis”) and rallying community support for the design, funding and construction of St. Louis’ famed Gateway Arch. The St. Louis RCGA continues to provide leadership on civic initiatives – both large and small – that make the region an even richer environment to live and work.